Last Week I Learnt That…#53
I would like to say welcome to all my new followers! It is a real pleasure to have your company! This is a weekly spot which is a little shorter than usual as I'm on holiday and have limited equipment!
- The virtual world contains as many odd folks as the real one! I was involved in 24 hours of heart-wrenching emotion that you wouldn't think you'd read about. See THIS then THIS
- It doesn't take long to get back into the swing of things. I met up with the Head Teacher of the Pupil Referral Unit where I'm chair of governors. After an hour of talking about the new year, it was hard to remember we'd had a break of 6 weeks.
- Torrential rain can be terrifying.We got caught in one of those flash-flood creating downpours. Although we were in the car the noise and lack of visibility really made it a frightening experience.
- Not knowing the agenda for a meeting can be really exciting. As regular readers will have gathered, I like to be organised so going to a meeting with a very vague idea of what we are going to discuss can be rather unsettling. As it was, it was really exciting because as we 'made it up as we went along' no suggestion was out of order. It is going to be a great project!
- Perseverance pays off. My regular readers and twitter followers know that I have frantically been trying to get tickets for the Paralympic Games. Well we got them and what sn experience it was! My hope is that disability will be understood in a much better way.
So how was your week? Mine has been very emotional in many ways!!