Last Week I Learnt That…#17
- You should always check and double check if you think you are posting something anonymously on a forum!! I am a member of a number of excellent forums that give me support for the various things I do in my life. They all give you the option of posting anonymously in case it is a sensitive issue. Well, I had such an item that I wanted some help with so I logged out as me, wrote the post and pressed send. Imagine my horror when it appeared with all my details and picture! I obviously didn’t click or press something that would have made me invisible to the world. I spent the next half hour frantically getting in touch with the moderators to remove it!!
- At my age I should know my body better! You all know that I have been very busy but did I allow for the fall out when term ended? No – of course not. Result – dreadful headache that virtually took out a whole day. Serves me right! I should know better!
- There is nothing like a Christmas lunch served on one of those plastic ‘airplane’ plates. I was invited to Christmas lunch at the PRU (pupil referral unit) where I’m Chair. The room had been laid out like a restaurant with table cloths, serviettes and of course crackers. The young people were well behaved especially as the ‘little one’ joined them. Although it had been in the oven uncovered for 20 minutes and was therefore quite dry, it was delicious but that was probably due to the music and the children around me!
- Anticipation is often better that the actual event. In this case it was putting the decorations up. I had planned when it would happen and how the room would look. The only trouble was I didn’t allow for feeling very tired and a bit low. Still never mind – they’re up & look lovely!
- Talking through things can really help. A couple of weeks ago I had an experience that wasn’t very pleasant where someone ignored me for most of the day. I won’t go into details but suffice to say I felt it was rude and it really unsettled me. Well, I decided to be brave and ask to speak to them about it and I’m so glad I did. They were unaware of what had happened and truly sorry. We have set out how our relationship is going to move forward and I feel so much better. I’m quite proud of myself for taking the bull by the horns despite feeling nervous.
- Post-script – hubby needs a new hat because he thinks his head has got smaller with his weight loss!!
So – last week was decorations, pressing buttons and Christmas lunch. What happened to you?