Last Week I Learnt That…#5
- The internet is like a car in so much as when they are working they can make life simple, fast and happy. When they are not working they create the most awful stress. I have dongle to allow me mobile access on my netbook but even that was hard work often giving up the ghost. Now I’m supposed to be a retired lady. I dabble in the internet with my 100 Word Challenges and various memes and silliness but it shouldn’t feel as almost life threatening as it did!
- When you are offered a courtesy car from the company fixing your car, it would be best to check what you are going to be advertising! Hubby had the pleasure of driving round in this one for a day. I thought it gave him an air of intrigue. He thought he looked a prat!
- Stress makes you fat! No, don’t chuckle – it’s official! As you know hubby has had to watch his weight because of high cholesterol (Recipes for Nick). We now follow a reasonably saturated fat-free diet and not only has his cholesterol come down but he has lost lots of weight. He has never been particularly interested in fashion but we have had to buy him a complete wardrobe over the past few months. Now I’ve been following the same diet. Have I lost a pound? NO! Am I fed up about that? You bet! We have talked about the possible causes of this and bless him he thought he would go and see the lady in Boots. Between them they have decided that I’m very stressed (see above) and that would hinder any weight loss. So, I’m to try to relax and it will fall off!
- A new handbag cheers you up especially if it is RED!
- Finding a school place for your child can be of the most complicated, frustrating, upsetting things to go through.
How was your week? Was it full of stresses like this one was? Do share!