Last Week I Learnt That…#12
- I’m still a child when it comes to going to the cinema. We don’t go very often but it is still such an occasion even when we go in the afternoon are are with 6 other people. I have to have a coffee and get some sweets! By the way, we went to see Tinker tailor Soldier Spy and would definitely recommend it!
- I am a creature of habit. I think I’ve mentioned before how unsettled I was with the hot weather we had a little while ago. Well, I’m still unsettled. It looks damp and miserable out of the window but when you venture outside it is quite warm! I’ve checked the calendar and it is definitely November so what is going on? Maybe it has something to do with being a January baby but there is a part of me that can’t wait for it to get cold!
- ***WARNING – RANT APPROACHING!*** Cycle riding has changed to the point that it is dangerous – for the rest of us! What is it with these stupid tiny flashing lights? Why can’t they have those great big solid lights at the front and back like I had when I rode regularly? As it is you can’t see them until you’re almost on top of them. Of course I have to say that even these silly lights are a step up from those cyclists who don’t bother to have any and think they own the road. The trouble is when there is an accident, it is always the car driver who is in the wrong.
- There is a piece of kitchen equipment I have only just discovered called a slow cooker. I’m going to get one because I think it is just what we need!
- No song is safe in the hands of a football crowd! Among those melodies that are ‘adapted’ are Molly Malone, the theme from ‘The Sting’, Englebert Humperdink’s ‘Last Waltz’ and ‘Go West’ from the Pet Shop Boys (or if you’re ancient like me you’ll remember the Village People version)
- Council workers charged with digging up the road will always start work at 8am to cause the greatest chaos to morning traffic.
So last week was quite a mixed bag! How was yours? Do share – I’m nosey!