Last Week I Learnt That…#13
- Confidence can be shot away with just a few words. I found this out personally this week. I’m chair of governors at a school which is going through a very tough time. I’ve only recently been made chair but feel that the governing body is beginning to make a difference. We had a meeting last week though with a new officer from the Authority who does not know us or where we’ve been and the journey we’ve taken already. In just a few words, she shattered my confidence. I went from knowing what we should be doing to not having a clue. When I reflected on it, I realised that I may well have caused the same reaction in children over the years. I know confidence can be chipped away but had not considered it being smashed in such a short time. Feel quite sad about that.
- Even a small square of chocolate can cheer you up!
- Gloves make me feel very comfortable. I’ve mentioned before about me being a winter baby so I suppose it is only natural like would like gloves. Actually, I LOVE wearing gloves and have a pair for every coat and jacket I own. Somehow they make me feel safe. Weird eh!
- A meeting when no-one turns up is a good thing! The school mentioned above is federating with another school and we are in the middle of a 6 week consultation period. We had an open meeting for anyone to attend. No-one came so we are marking that down as ‘all in favour’!
- Mother Nature MAY be a bit confused. The good weather has made it feel almost spring like. *whispers* – Do you think she has forgotten winter?
- Insurance companies never give up. We have recently changed our insurer for both house and car insurance. We painstakingly went through the list ticking what we did and did not want. We got a call last week from them asking if we would like all the services we had said no to. Got to give them marks for persistence I suppose!
- Hubby is taking fashion really seriously. You’ll remember this about his explanation of needing a new shirt? Well he want s football socks for Christmas and they have to be royal blue to go with the royal blue shorts. By the time he had explained the different sets of gear he has, I almost lost the will to live!
So, how was your week? Was the weather good and have you been to any non meetings? Do share!