What's on your CV?
I read this brilliant post over at The 40 Year Old Domestic Goddess run by the fabulous Sam Thurley and although I was not a stay at home mum, I could identify with many on the list. How many can you tick off and are there any missing?
I have been a stay at home Mum for over 16 years and in that time I have acquired quite a list of job titles….
1. CEO of my house (have been organising my lot since 1995)
3. Taxi Driver (tips will not be included and you will be expected to wait)
4. Judge ( Daily court appearances will occur and may require you being a referee too)
5. Chief Cook (how many things can you do with a potato waffle and a pork chop)
6. Hairdresser (this may include rectifying hair dye disasters)
7. Keeper of all things secret.
8. Family Therapist (much chocolate will be needed during these sessions)
9. General errand runner (good shoes are a must)
10. Washing machine and any other kitchen appliance operator.
11. Toilet attendant. (the favourite of all my jobs NOT)
12. Teacher (specialising in non Maths related subjects.)
13. Finance manager (this can include overspending occasionally but we wont mention that)
14. International search and rescue agent (for all things lost)
16. Painter and Decorator
17. Day-care provider
18. Wardrobe assistant (much patience is needed with this one)
19. Personal Shopper
20. PTA Mummy (didn’t plan to stay on 10 years it just kinda happened)
21. Birthday/Events Coordinator and Planner
22. Scary monster and ghost Patrol Enforcer
23. Holiday Coordinator
24. Seamstress of sudden “I need a costume” type emergencies.
26. Nurse ( gloves and a mask may be needed)
27. Stain removal expert (ask me anything and I will tell you how to get it out)
29. Separation anxiety expert (in dogs)
30. Hugger and general make them feel better kind of person.
Please Note…….All of the above is unpaid.
Its quite a list isn’t it ? I am at that stage now where I am thinking of forging a career for myself and I sat here this morning thinking what on earth I could put on a CV……………………………..I wonder if any of the above would be taken seriously???????
So, the next time someone asks you what you do all day as a stay at home Mum (this has happened to me on more than one occasion) just print of my list and hand it to them…….It should shut them up once and for all.
Lots of Love