Not quite the magnificent seven!
In order to receive this wonderful Kreativ Blogger Award I have been tagged by Chris over at Thinly Spread & Maggy at RedTedArt to tell you seven things about me that you may not know. Now that is likely to be a bit tricky because you all know quite a bit already but I do so love the Kreativ Blogger Award that I’m going to give it a go!
So here, in no particular order:
1.I have been married 3 times! Not sure how it happened really & I certainly didn’t set out to emulate Joan Collins or Elizabeth Taylor. All I can say is it certainly was a case of third time excellent!
2. I was a keen girl-guide & on a round-up in Hants I met Princess Margaret. She wasn’t there very long – more of a quick walk through the ranks but the thing that stood out was how tiny she was. I’ve never seen any other Royals but I understand the women are small. The exhibition of the Queen’s dresses at Buckingham Palace show how petite she was as a young woman.
3. I’m a published author!! No, don’t get the autograph books out! It was a poem I wrote when I was at secondary school. I can remember being so proud & imagining that my future was set – I was going to be a writer! I can still feel the disappointment when my next poem wasn’t even submitted by the school!
4. I was made an honorary member of a cricket club. It wasn’t for my prowess on the cricket field although my googlies had to be seen to be believed! I got all the wives organised to raise money to have showers fitted. It took quite a few years but was good fun & so much better ‘odour-wise’!
5. I play the clarinet (well I used to!). I was one of those primary children who took up the recorder. I loved it & still really enjoy the sound it makes. I had a BIG one (tenor ) which meant I could appear to play duets. By the time I moved into secondary school I was keen to take a qualification in music. Unfortunately, the recorder was not considered a suitable instrument for such an important exercise. So I had to choose from the small selection available. Sadly there was only one oboe, a flute or clarinets & the oboe was taken by the music teacher so it was the clarinet! I didn’t really choose it & our relationship was not easy but I did pass!
6. I was on TV doing an advert for AFASIC (Association For All Speech Impaired Children). I was the chair of the local group & we approached ITV to see if they would do an ad in their Community Groups section. It was very scary & felt like at least 100 years of filming. Needless to say it was only 2 mins altogether but it did generate a lot of interest.
7. I’m left-handed. VERY left-handed! Can’t draw a straight line with a ruler with my right!!
I now tag the following bloggers with the Kreativ Blogger Award:
Louise at Geriatric Mummy
Victoria at It’s a small world
Karen at Crunchie Mummy
Karen at Brighton Teenage Mum
Debs at Carrots with kids
Garry at Blog Up North
1.Copy the award to your blog.
2.Insert a link to the person who nominated you.
3.Share seven things about yourself that you haven’t told us before.
4.Nominate seven other bloggers for the award.
5.Link to their blogs.
6.Tell the nominees about their award